I really needed this today. I am not even in this stage of life yet but I think what President Hinckley says can apply to everyone. I often find myself feeling like if I am not doing something every single moment that I am wasting it. I think this is a problem with my generation, being constantly busy and having instant gratification. I have this timeline in my head of when I want things done by or how long I want to spend on a certain task.
Get up at 6, but be asleep by 10:30.
Make sure all your homework gets done, but make sure your house is clean.
Spend time with your family, but take some time for yourself.
It is endless and I often feel like if I don't get everything done I'm not successful. When I take a step back and look at the big picture my mindset changes.
I didn't finish my reading for class, but my husband knows I love him.
The sink is full of dishes, but I got to talk to my mom today.
"We all worry about our performance. We all wish we could do better. But unfortunately we do not realize, we do not often see the results that come of what we do. You never know how much good you do." -President Gordon B. Hinckley
No comments:
Post a Comment