After an hour of sitting at work reading everything online from Caitlyn Jenner to an old friend's blog and having a huge breakdown outside the Provo temple last night I think I finally figured out one thing.
Being happy is something that no one else can do for me. I am in charge of making myself happy, and while the people who love me most constantly do things to help make me happy, it won't work unless I decide to let myself be happy.
My List of Happy may seem generic, or boring, or bland. The problem is that so often I get caught up in what other people are doing to make themselves happy and comparing my list with theirs. It doesn't matter what is on anyone else's List of Happy. Doing these things simply makes me happy.
1. Living the Gospel
2. Loving Charlie
3. Babies
4. My family
5. Crafting - anything and everything
6. My fuzzy cheetah blanket
7. Chocolate-peanutbutter-banana smoothies
8. Putting things in baskets
9. A clean house
10. Running (this one is last because I hate it until I lace up my shoes)

No comments:
Post a Comment