A few posts back I told you how I wasn't so sure about 3rd grade for my second practicum placement. Turns out, I love third grade. I love how the kids joke with you, how they say exactly what is on their mind, and how they make you feel like the most important person in the world. I kept track over the last two months of my favorite things my third graders said....enjoy :)
Mrs. Young, did you even get dressed this morning, it looks like you are still in your pajamas. (When I was wearing a black and white checkered romper)
Mrs. Young, on opposite day we can call you Mrs. Old!
There is a dead bird on the playground!
Did you touch the dead bird?
There is a dead bird on the playground!
I know did you touch the dead bird?
Blank stare
Maybe you should wash your hands just in case you touched it.
You don't do cursive very well Mrs. Young.
I brought you a fortune cookie. Pulls smashed fortune cookie still in the wrapper out of his pocket.
Mrs. Young we got licorice in math today! Do you want some? Opens up sweaty hand and offers me a bite sized piece.
Walking in first thing in the morning, walks up to another boy and wipes his thumb across his forehead, "Simba......"
I'm really tired because I didn't get any sleep last night because I broke my foot. Has been walking fine all day and is standing right in front of me.
Do you like my lips?
Are you wearing lipstick?
No it's lip smackers that I put on yesterday mixed with my spit.
Oh....
It kind of reminds you of raspberry cheesecake doesn't it?
.....yup.




No comments:
Post a Comment