Friday, September 8, 2017

The Lull - Day 97


Baby Rex

Daddy and Ellie 

I spent three hours today at the social security office getting things straightened out (emergency birth situation leads to not having all your ducks in a row for paperwork stuff). But yesterday I spent three hours out with my mom getting pedicures and lunch, so I think in the end it all evens out. I just wanted to post a quick update. Talking to Charlie today we have had multiple people ask what progress the twins are making. They are making progress, its just slow. We are in a bit of a lull right now. And where they look and act like little newborns now sometimes it's hard to see why they still have to be in the hospital, but spend an afternoon in their room and you will see they are not typical newborns! They are now 37 weeks gestation and 14 weeks old. I can't believe we are at this point and I am writing this post. Here is the skinny on what is going on:

Rex is down on his oxygen support at 2.5 liters and 23-26%. His hematocrit is 36 which really surprised the doctors! He had a head ultrasound this morning that showed no change, and the doctor is really pleased with the normal growth of his head circumference. He got another bath this morning and he still loves it. 


Eleanor is working to truly get back to her "normal" after getting to tired from eating last weekend. She is now on 3 liters and 21-23%. She has been nippling at breast and from a bottle and taking anywhere from 10-20 mls each time. She has been doing everything she can to try to get people to give her food! 

And a big thank you to our friend Amy from Bella Baby for coming to the NICU to give us these precious pictures. It was so nice to have a "normal" new baby experience. Love you all! 

1 comment:

  1. These are such precious pictures sweet Kaitlin! You have an amazing and beautiful family!❤❤❤❤ What an incredible team you all are! Everyone is working so hard and doing their very best! Go team YOUNG! We are rooting for you everyday!!! Prayers continue for your dear family. We love you!

    ReplyDelete