It's weird to count things by the years Charlie and I have been together, and if we are getting really specific we have been "together" for the past three Christmas's, but only married for two.
We switch off being with our two families every year for Christmas, so one family gets Thanksgiving and New Year while the other gets Christmas. This year for Christmas we were in Idaho. All of my siblings were there for a whole week. It was literally heaven for seven days. Here ya go:
Every Christmas eve we play this game where everyone starts with 4 dollars, we put a bowl in the middle and then we take turns rolling the dice. Depending on what you roll you have to pass your money or put in in the bowl and whoever ends up with the last dollar gets all the money in the bowl! It is as close as we get to gambling at the Whitworth house!
Christmas morning was great, I was too preoccupied to take any pictures but I got a sewing machine! Which means lots more crafting during my free time (if/when I have time).
My favorite thing was playing with my sister's little girl. She is getting so big and she is so smart! I should write down all the things she says.
All the girls went in on a present for my mom, and she went through with it! She got her ears pierced.
Charlie enjoyed playing with our niece's toys...
And I got some more crafting done, thanks for modeling!
We went to Jackson after Christmas to look at the shops and swim at their rec center. Driving home was a nightmare, or so I'm told I was asleep the whole time.
And I caught them twinning again...
That wraps up Idaho. I love being in my parents house and not having to think about what to cook! My siblings are the best and Christmas is the best.
New years with the Youngs was a first for me. I brought a bunch of New Year's Eve games that my family plays and we had a blast watching everyone.
This is what we did:
Game #1: The Elephant
You take 12 paper cups and place them in a circle. Then you take a pair of old tights, cut the legs off, put a tennis ball in the toe and put the other end on like a hat. The first person to knock down all their cups wins.
Game #2: Rhinoceros
Tape a balloon to your bum and a thumb tack to your forehead (it works best if you get the kind with a flat end and then you just push them through a piece of tape). Then on your hands and knees you try to be the last one with an inflated balloon. This one is really fun to watch!
Game #3: M&M Clock
Draw a clock on 4 different paper plates, put M&M's in little bowls for each player. The players race using only a straw in their mouth and one hand to cover each number of their clock with M&Ms.
Game #4: Cotton Tail
Tie a cotton ball to a piece of yarn and then tie the yarn to your back belt loop. Light a tea light on a small plate and put a small bowl of water by it for each player. The players race to put out their tea light by dipping the cotton ball in the water and then on their candle. Their hands can't touch the ground.
Game #5: Kleenex Box
Take two empty Kleenex boxes and cut slits in the sides. Slide a piece of yarn through the slits so players can tie it around their waist. Put 4 ping pong balls in each box and have the players race to see who can shake all the balls out first.
These were a hit at the party, but my favorite part was what came next. We lit paper lanterns (which is a lot harder than it looks). We also almost froze to death.
Christmas is great because of all the music and presents. Sometimes I have a hard time remembering the real reason we have Christmas. But when New Year comes around it always gives me this hope of being better, which reminds me about Christmas and Christ's Atonement. I am grateful that the person I am right now can change. Life would be so boring if nothing ever changed. And that is what He gives me hope for, for changing myself and changing the world. It is because of His love for me that I can change, and I will change.
With that I have a couple of goals for the new year, I hope you do too. Obviously there are a million things that I would like to change, but I can't do them all in one year. That's why I just choose three.
1. Keep working out with my cute cousin
2. Pray every day
3. Open an Etsy shop
It's kinda weird to put those out there for everyone to see, but hopefully this will help me be accountable!
Remember that His love makes it possible for us to change, and we can show Him our love by changing.
No comments:
Post a Comment