It's been three weeks since the semester started, and to be perfectly honest this semester has been hard for me already.
I looked up at Timp as I walked to work this morning, I want to be up there on top of that mountain again, I feel like whenever I'm up on top of mountains the world and my problems feel so far away. It's quiet and breathtaking (also my "problems" are such first world problems, I realize that). But, sometimes I wonder if I choose the right thing to study in college. What if I'm not any good at it? What if I hate it? What if it is just plain boring? What if I never even end up using my degree?
For the first time in my life I just sat on my feelings. What if teaching doesn't end up being everything I thought it would be? Well then it doesn't. If I don't end up teaching it doesn't mean I just wasted the last four years of my life.
I learned how much work a college degree takes.
I learned more about my religion.
I learned how to work hard.
I learned about child development.
I learned how to be a better parent to my future kids.
I learned how to be a better wife.
I met my husband here!
I changed my relationship with my closest cousin.
I am more grateful for my parents.
College isn't the end all be all of my life. If teaching ends up being my biggest passion in life, that's great. If teaching ends up just being my degree, that's great.

You are wise beyond your years and wherever your education takes you- motherhood, teaching, more education or entrepreneur of your own designs...you will have benefited from your education. We love you and are so grateful for your desire to have an education. - Mom and Dad
ReplyDelete