Monday, January 4, 2016

Fall Semester Top Five

Ok it's well past time for a top five....and this is an interesting one. How come I have so many pictures for some things and no pictures for other things? New Year's resolution - be better about taking pictures.

1. Charlie's new job
So I have been doing my best to adult. And maybe I've just been spoiled with my college job - tons of time to do homework and I got to work with my husband. But job searching is hard. And I wasn't even the one who had to go to so many interviews. Maybe it's just because I'm a girl and things are always stuffed with more emotions for me. But Charlie did a phenomenal job finding a new job. In fact today is  his first day there, and I'm dying to hear all about it when I get home tonight.

^and this picture..sorry I just had to
Charlie's dad posted this on his last day of school at BYU with some sappy stuff about how proud he is of him. I am too. 

2. BYU Preschool
Where do I even start with preschool. This semester was my first practicum in the Early Childhood Education program... and all that that means is that I got to be in the BYU preschool two times a week. And I can honestly say that I learned so much from those kids! My mentor teacher was wonderful. I got so many kid songs stuck in my head. I even ripped my favorite pair of black pants from constantly squatting down to get on the kid's level. Totally worth it.

^ thanks Heidi for the picture! 

3. New running buddies
I have a total love hate relationship with running. And I honestly think the key to being consistent with morning runs is having someone counting on you to wake up and run with them. And oh my goodness they push me! It's so fun though to have people to talk to while you run and I had no idea we would become such great friends. Ok off my soap box but seriously - find someone to run with, run lots, maybe eventually I won't dread my 6 am alarm clock.

I don't have a picture of this one...and let's be honest you probably don't want to see one! 

4. Home for Thanksgiving
Before we headed to Idaho for Thanksgiving I told Charlie that Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday. He told me that I always say that when it's Thanksgiving and then I say the same thing a month later at Christmas. But seriously I just love Thanksgiving.....and Christmas. But Thanksgiving feels like the start of so much holiday fun. When Thanksgiving is over we still have Christmas coming. We spent Thanksgiving in Idaho and oh I always miss my mom's cooking.

^ the best part of any holiday with my family is these crazy sisters of mine

5. Etsy
The Third Floor Store got so crazy this semester that I had to put my shop on "vacation mode" for a while. I was planning on opening it back up mid November for Christmas sales.... but between our second pop-up shop and crafting Christmas presents for my own family it just didn't happen. But seriously I have had so much support from so many people, and so many people wanting custom orders for Christmas presents and such I've kept myself perfectly busy with my business. I can't believe how much this little dream of mine has grown this year.




No comments:

Post a Comment