Monday was Charlie's birthday, and I'm pretty sure I got more excited than he did! I just love birthdays and making someone feel like they are the most important person in the world, especially when that someone is my hubby because he is the most important person in the world to me!
I put up a cute birthday banner and balloons in our tiny living room. I surprised him with a birthday lunch at Cafe Rio where he tried so many weird drinks...mint lemonade and a blood orange thing?? Work and school were pretty much normal (boo for birthdays being on Mondays). But that night Brandon, Jillian, and Audrey (Charlie's sister and husband plus their sweet little girl) came over and we had Indian food - at Charlie's request. We also ate Key Lime pie, because what would a Young birthday be without pie? I got him a backpacking sleeping bag for our adventures this summer and I finished my biggest crochet project ever (which was also a birthday present for Charlie)!
WARNING: Sappy moment -- Charlie is seriously the best guy for me. We have only known each other for two and a half years but I feel like I've known him forever. He is so kind and sweet and knows me better than I know myself sometimes. Ok that's over now ;)
We finished up the week with an intramural soccer game on Tuesday and a football game on Thursday. Also Micheals had a crazy yarn sale yesterday, so I ran over there with my friend Emily. I have never been huge into shopping, but yarn shopping.....ahhh I could spend so much money.

No comments:
Post a Comment