Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Fertility #2



I went into the doctor with a list of questions to ask. Should I keep taking this supplement? Should I keep checking this every day? And I didn’t even ask one question. 

Charlie and I went together. When the doctor came in she basically said, “You have PCOS and that sucks. We are going to put you on Clomid and that should fix it long enough for you to get pregnant.” I was freaking out from when I found out on Monday at 11 untill we had our first appointment on Thursday at 2. After she told us what she wanted to do with it I felt so calm. She didn’t seem worried, so we don’t feel worried. She had me take a pregnancy test at the doctor’s office first to make sure I wasn’t pregnant (which is basically impossible since I don’t ovulate like ever). I started Provera that night which is the first step in taking Clomid. 

Provera takes 10 days, 10 pills. Then we wait for 5-7 days before they can check me to see if there are any follicles in my ovaries that could possibly turn into viable eggs. And if everything looks good they will start the Clomid right away. 

Which at this point means that we might have a crazy Thanksgiving. I say crazy because all that I’ve heard about Clomid is either that you are a jerk while you’re on it or a cry baby. Thank you artificial hormones. We are spending Thanksgiving with Charlie’s family this year, and I’ve only told his parents and his oldest sister what is going on. So hopefully we make it through ok. 

The 10 days of Provera weren’t bad. I just had to make sure I took the medication at the same time everyday - which meant that a few nights we left the house to go somewhere and ended up showing up late because I had to go back to get my medicine I forgot (so I could take it right at 8 pm). 


It’s waiting these 5-7 days to make sure the Provera worked that aren’t fun so far. This medication already worked once for me earlier this summer, so there isn’t any reason it won’t work this time. So here is to more waiting, and praying that when I go back my ovaries look nice and plump (this all sounds so weird). 

No comments:

Post a Comment