Wednesday, January 11, 2017
My First Week
I just finished my first week as a kindergarten teacher. It is the biggest blessing in my life. Everyday I spend with five year olds who really truly are excited about learning. They are excited to see me and make me feel like the most important person in their world (most of the time ;).
If you asked me what the hardest thing in my life right is and how I was coping with it, it would be infertility and my job. I scroll through social media at night and see my friends with their beautiful babies. I just read a blog post from a friend all about how she didn't want to be a young mom, but here she is with a little boy. Sometimes my heart can't handle it. But my job is saving me right now. I have people who need me, little people to love, and things to think about other than infertility.
I really think that God puts us right where he needs us. I don't understand why he needs me here and why he needs me to do this right now, but I'm slowly starting to see. After one week with my kindergarteners I know He needs me to give the love that I have to some of His children, even if those children aren't really mine. Because in the end, even the children I have someday won't really be mine. They are all His, I am His. And he knows what I need.
Labels:
infertility,
kindergarten
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment