Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Fertility #3


We conquered our first round of Clomid! I cried at the gym, the grocery store, my grandparents house, my house, in the car, and at the movie theater. I was worried about what everyone says about being on Clomid, but it wasn't as bad as I anticipated. I didn't feel like I acted much differently but Charlie disagrees! 

Now we just wait. On day 21 I will go get my blood drawn to see if the dosage they put me on did the trick. They will be able to tell from the bloodwork if I ovulated or not, and then we will wait again for day 35 when we can take a pregnancy test! They told us not to get our hopes up - it usually doesn't work the first time because they are just trying to figure out the right dose of hormones your body needs to produce an egg. I'm trying to not set my expectations too high because then I won't be so disappointed. 

Faith means that we trust not only in God’s wisdom but that we trust also in His love. It means trusting that God loves us perfectly, that everything He does—every blessing He gives and every blessing He, for a time, withholds—is for our eternal happiness.

- Dieter F. Utchdorf 


No comments:

Post a Comment